Mechanical Engineer Information
We are keen on employing a Mechanical Engineer to oversee all installation, repair and upkeep operations of the company’s facilities. You will be the one to ensure that your colleagues have the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget.A great maintenance person will have a solid understanding of mechanical systems. You will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.The goal is to ensure the company facilities are well-cared for and adequate to support the company’s business operations.The successful Mechanical Engineer will work for both our Concrete Production Company and our Quarry subsidiary and must be familiar with the use of Italian machinery specially Eurimpianti.
- Responsible for the delivery of effective maintenance of all plants and machinery of ATC/ATQ.
- Develop maintenance procedure and ensure implementation.
- Develop relevant short- & long-term maintenance Plans
- Prepare maintenance forecasts and budget on an annual and/or monthly basis as required
- Report monthly to General Manager and attend board meetings when required
- Carrying out periodic inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- To demonstrate effective leadership in Health & Safety and Environmental knowledge to maintain the highest standards and industry best practice in compliance with all relevant legislation and standards to ensure that the business operates within the parameters of all licenses, permits and consents.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- workload and supervise upkeep staff (custodians, janitors etc.)
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Carry out other related duties as and when required by the General Manager.
- Proven experience as maintenance manager
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
Degree from any recognized textuary institution. Knowledge in other crafts will be an advantage