Mechanical Maintenance Manager (Cement Plant)
Mechanical Engineer Information
Our client, an international cement manufacturing company is looking to hire a competent and proactive Mechanical Maintenance Manager to help with their operations in Ghana.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for contributing to reach maximum availability/reliability of the mechanical equipment and installations in the plant by performing the appropriate corrective and preventive actions at the lowest cost and in compliance with the OH&S regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor performance of mechanical maintenance personnel (internal and external).
- Develop, inform and motivate its team, ensuring competencies and skills development according to technical innovations, plant or personal needs.
- Support the Maintenance Manager in the elaboration and control of the maintenance budget ensuring planning and follow-up of costs.
- Implement effective and systematic solutions to achieve budget and to meet or exceed targets.
- Contribute to sourcing and purchasing of Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and third-party services: identify needs, provide technical requirements, support tendering, follow up service execution and commissioning, provide input for supplier qualification and evaluation.
- Communicate and implement regulations, company goals, local permits, policies and procedures; optimize the internal processes and structures.
- Supervise personnel to apply them consistently and ensure ISO compliance for related activities. Respect Mix ADEX Controller (MAC) standard; follow up weekly Mac targets (KPI’s)
- Manage major corrective maintenance actions, critical spare part and plant annual shutdown programs in coordination with Maintenance and Production Manager.
- Determine and schedule the necessary actions of corrective and preventive mechanical maintenance in coordination with Mechanical and Preventive Maintenance Supervisors to ensure proper functioning of mechanical equipment’s and installations.
- Ensure mechanical maintenance team full time readiness to efficiently tackle emergencies or urgent breakdowns.
- Prepare weekly work orders according to preventive maintenance plans or scheduled corrective maintenance actions.
- Coordinate and supervise execution of work order activities, failure data gathering (cause, symptom…), time confirmation (external and internal), material withdrawal… manage execution of maintenance activities by third parties. Cooperate with shift leads in the execution of complex maintenance actions.