Quality Control Technician
Mechanical Engineer Information
1 - 3 Years
Higher National Diploma
Minimum HND/Technical education with 2-4 years’ experience in the automobile industry or have an experience and knowledge about cars. Valid driver's license 'B' Good personal appearance, communication/ interpersonal skills. Able to work under pressure. Punctual/respect for time Ability to pay attention to minute details
- Ensure that jobs requested on the job card (WIP) are carried out by Technicians completely and signed by the supervisors.
- Conduct a quality check inspection to ensure that ;
- All parts removed during repairs have been reinstalled.
- All fluid drains have closed and fluids refilled.
- All hoses, piping and wiring have been properly routed and secured.
- All connectors and battery brackets have been tightened to the correct specification/position
- All tools belonging to Technicians have been removed from the vehicle; old parts bagged and put in the cargo section of vehicle.
- All seat controls, audio and other accessories have been returned to the customers preferred positions.
- The vehicle is properly cleaned and is free from grease, fingerprints and shop related grime.
- Check the attached parts invoices to ensure that all old parts replaced are kept in the vehicle.
- Ensure that written inventory is taken of the high value parts on the attached sheet
- Show initiative by performing small operations and checks that are necessary but not requested by the customer
- After verification of the repairs, complete the quality control check list indicating any observations and remarks that the customer needs to know.
- Ensure that workshop health and safety rules are complied with. Tools, equipment and workstations are kept clean.
- Return any uncompleted job back to the workshop for the job to be completed, before you carry out final quality control.
- Install tags to indicate vehicles that are “OK FOR DELIVERY”.
- Drive any company vehicle in accordance with legal requirements and the company procedures
- Road test client vehicles and accurately report faults found to the appropriate staff for rectification
- Ensure that any vehicle is driven with due care and attention to guarantee the safety of the passengers and general public
- Ensure that defensive driving is practiced throughout every journey, being aware of potential hazards and how to avoid them.
Airport By Pass Road