Mechanical Engineer Information
3 - 5 Years
• B.Eng. (Required) • Certificate in Project Management (Required) • MBA/M.Eng. (Added advantage) • COREN (Added advantage) • Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- General oversight function of the engineering and projects department to aid and improve business performance by providing leadership to teams under your control.
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that embraces continuous improvement as well as enhances business value at all times
- Set the department’s objectives in line with the company’s goals and monitor ongoing projects progress and performance
- Initiate and develop innovative engineering strategies and processes to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets that enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality jobs and initiate cost reduction strategies for all projects with zero complaints
- Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the Engineering function to ensure that all projects are delivered on approved costs and on time to the highest quality standards
- Ensure that environmental, health and safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures are in place and adhered to in the implementation of projects
- Maintain customer satisfaction and support sales team on product development, market opportunities and trends analysis for aggressive enrollment of new customers.
- Work closely with internal and external key stakeholders regarding technical support of their activities
- Support project management for cross functional activity required for project execution
- Co-negotiate with customers on quotation for prospective jobs and contribute to the company’s annual budget process
- Appraising and interpreting client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered on each project
- Ensure harmony and discipline within the department as well as drive the team to meet customers’ SLA
- Ensure all milestone targets are met and deliver hitch free projects.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of projects, from contract award to handover and ensure that documentation signoffs are attained promptly for adequate invoicing.
- Participate in the selection process of external providers (Vendors) and ensure all external contracts are regularly reviewed as well as carrying out periodic vendors evaluations to guarantee best value to the company
- Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, while ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Quarterly appraisals of all Regional Managers, site engineers and collation of such reports for onward submission to the HR Department.
- Instill a high performance culture in the team with a focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Take responsibility for customer escalations and act as a point of escalation both in and out of work hours as required
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriate to customer feedback on areas for improvement
- Work with HR Department to identify and justify relevant training needs of the team.
- Any other responsibilities as determined by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time.
MOS 58 Ashale Avenue, American House, East Legon