Media Analyst Information
Job Description of a Creative Director
We are looking for a Creative director to guide and oversee the work of artists, copywriters, graphic designers, photographers and other members of a creative team for advertising agencies, publications, websites, or other forms of media. As a team leader, he/she may function as art directors or head designers, cast or develop television commercials and promote products.
- Meet with clients or other end-users to learn the message or concept being presented.
- Devise the manner of presenting the message, idea or concept.
- Decide which graphics, text, sound, colour, style and other design elements to choose for the presentation.
- Develop a layout or framework for the creation.
- Consult with, instruct and assign tasks to the design or creative team.
- Review and approve, reject or suggest changes to the project elements, including art, video, test, photography and sound.
- Periodically, meet or speak with client or end-user to ensure alignment with concept and goals.
- Present final product to end-user for approval.
- Create or follow a given budget for the design project.
Qualification & Skills:
Professional experience in advertising, copy editing, graphic design, marketing or promotions, may substitute for formal training.
In addition to having a thorough understanding of art, copy and layout, the creative director should also know how to use design software, such as Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, and Photoshop. Creative directors working in web-based advertising should also have knowledge of Internet specific marketing techniques, programming languages, and search engine optimization techniques.