Media Coordinator Information
A Digital TV Channel company is looking for innovative and experienced Video Editor to join our editing department. The perfect person for this job is skilled in the craft of filmmaking and understands all of the components of video production, including sound, music, visuals and point of view. In this role, you would be responsible for piecing together raw footage from the cinematographer and sound recorder to create a unique and exciting story. If you are ready to show your true editing talent to the world, our company needs you today.
Job responsibility includes but not limited to;
- Splicing of raw film footage together from various sources and shoots, and combine it with other scenes to create a cohesive story
- Evaluating edited footage to make sure it matches the story from the script and meets the narrative agenda of the producer and director of the video
- Editing footage into timelines and cut time out of certain shots to create a more impactful story for the audience
- Combining visual footage with audio sound effects, dialogue, ambient sound and a musical soundtrack to create more drama in the story
- Using computer editing software programs, video switching devices, digital video effects programs and other tools to piece together video components
- Ensuring all editing cuts, splices, changes and additions appear seamless and natural and help the story flow more effectively in the finished product
- Creating sound effects by recording specific audio clips or choose audio effects from a database of sounds to include in the final film
- Discussing project timeline, narrative structure, story goals and more with the director and any producers as the project is edited
- Certification in Adobe Premiere
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.
- Creative and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects.
- Portfolio of completed film productions.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.