Media Coordinator Information
5 - 10 Years
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or mass communication. Computer literate • Ability to lead and manage a team • Confident with an excellent command over the English language • Good writing and research skills • High degree of accuracy and attention to detail • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills • Creative with the ability to ‘think on ones feet’ when necessary • Ability to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining calmness under pressure • Good at relating to all kinds of people • Good at absorbing information quickly • Interested in current affairs. • Excellent editing skills
To provide concise and clear information for online readers.
- Management – Assist in the management of the online department and the news items on a daily basis.
- Editing - Ensure that all materials including reports and audio clips are edited to meet professional quality standards before publishing.
- News Gathering – Ensure the gathering and compilation of research information on complex and detailed issues of national and international significance from a variety of sources. Follow story ‘leads’, and generate story ideas.
- Competitive Edge - Recognize news issues of significance and take immediate and effective action to ensure an appropriate level of coverage and online publication.
- Accuracy and Timeliness – Ensure accuracy of stories by double-checking facts and timely posting of reports.
- Contacts – Develop and maintain contacts with a variety of sources.
- Convergence – Ensure convergence objectives are achieved
- Administration – Perform other administrative tasks associated with the smooth functioning of the online department.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
No.1 Farrar Avenue