Medical Director Information
The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) – Newmont - Ahafo. The clinic manager is responsible for the quality and operational management of the clinic which provides primary, occupational and emergency health care services through the support of a quality focused general practice environment. In addition to the quality focus the role is responsible to position International SOS as the principal health care provider in the local and international community.
The Clinic Manager will provide daily radiology support services to the medical and occupational health departments and other administrative functions as required. These will include but not limited to:
- Provide clinic leadership to the clinic team according to International SOS Values, Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that all relevant Policies and Procedures are updated and implemented
- Attends the Clinical Governance committee meetings and ensure relevant items are actioned.
- Create and maintain effective positive teamwork and clear channels of communication both internally and externally.
- Ensure all licensing and documentation associated with Clinic, Nursing; Pharmacy, Radiology etc. licensing is maintained and updated.
- Provide monthly reporting as indicated by management (MMR; Monthly Clinic Report, Training; Etc.)
- Ensure that the cleaning of the clinic follows the protocols and procedures of Infection Control Policies
- Be available for the support of care delivered in a serious illness or injury. Must be reachable via official mobile phone 24/7 when not in clinic.
- Liaison with best available local medical personnel for emergency support and resources, if required.
- Act as a patient advocate and mentor for staff to ensure best practices during care
- Undertake a range of radiological services as requested by Physicians.
- Assist in evaluating clinical history through x-ray requests from practitioners
- Take care of own safety and others who may be affected by your actions or omissions
- Apply principles of radiation protection to minimize exposure to patients, self and others.
- Adhere to the health and safety policies, guidelines/protocols in the facility (e.g. the use of personal protective clothing/equipment).
- Ensure that all aspects related to radiation safety are implemented (training, procedures, exposure monitoring, reporting)
- Ensure Dosimeters are submitted, tracked and reported as required (at least 3-monthly)