This position is responsible for ensuring the proper maintenance of company vehicles and safe delivery of staff to their respective destinations and running official errands for the departments assigned to. This position is required to conduct periodic checks of the vehicles and respond appropriately.
- Transport products, materials, and staff securely to areas where they are needed.
- Guarantee that products and staff are protected and secured.
- Answer clients’ inquiries as brilliantly as could be allowed.
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- Ensure that vehicles are kept perfect and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle at the close of work each day.
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound.
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the Branch Manager.
- Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refuelling the car(s).
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the Branch Manager.
- Submit all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance to the Branch Manager.
- Keep up a travel log book to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours.
- Perform some other undertakings like shopping, dropping and picking clothing, getting lunch, and running errands for department assigned to.
- Pay tolls and other fundamental vehicle demands.
- Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code.
- The driver should be proficient in the services he renders, and comply with all traffic rules.