Data Entry Officer
Office Clerk Information
3 - 5 Years
Proven data entry work experience, as a Data Entry Officer Experience with MS Office and data programs Familiarity with administrative duties Experience using office equipment, like printer and scanner Typing speed and accuracy Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation Attention to detail Computer savvy Confidentiality Thoroughness Confidentiality Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks High school diploma; additional computer training or certification will be an asset
- Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information.
- Establishes entry priorities.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolves deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
- Combines data from both systems when account information is incomplete.
- Purges files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Asafoatse Ankaa Road