Ports And Terminal Operations Coordinator
Operations Consultant Information
PORTS AND TERMINAL OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Our client, an international Shipping company is looking to hire Ports and Terminal Operations Coordinator to help deliver top notch service with their rapidly growing customer base.
The successful candidate’s will be responsible for overseeing the operations of vessels in Ghana and selected Offices and Agencies and also ensure smooth workflow within the Ports and Terminal Operations (PTO) department.
He/She will also be the liaison between company and the terminals in the area and be responsible for all work orders relating to Port and terminal costs.
- Assist the Ports and Terminal Operations (PTO) Team Leader to contribute to the business wide strategy; resolving complex and escalate complaints or disputes
- Assist both internal and external customers in resolving complex issues requiring specialized knowledge of a functional area and / or broad knowledge across functions.
- Ensure the Maintenance of vessel schedules on a daily basis
- Co-ordinate and arrange necessary documentation for company’s vessels calling at ports in our area.
- Deliver the latest vessel information to the organization
- Point of Entry (POE) for any operational issues with the terminals.
- Local liaison between company and SLOT partners, general communication, conflict resolution, documentation & Terminal Buildup Units (TBU’s).
- Capture and verify all port related expenses via work orders in Freight Information Systems (FIS).
- Out of Gauge, (O.O.G) local experts for costing and port restrictions / Regulations.
- Dangerous Goods (D.G) local experts for costing and port restrictions / Regulations.
- Reconciliation of load & discharge via F.I.S and terminal systems.
- Monitors terminal operations to ensure work is flowing in accordance with defined processes.
- Accountable for problem resolution with customers, vendors, and other offices within the company.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and cost control.
- Research and resolves damage claims
- Develop new business processes for smoother workflows.
- Establish benchmarks for terminal operations coordinators and review their performance on a monthly basis to detect and remedy problems.
- Analyse shipment problems and determine corrective actions.
- Examine issues and problems effectively, generating possible solutions
- Create an environment where people communicate openly and honestly.
- Conveys information effectively and convincingly.
- Other roles as assigned