Operations Manager Information
1 - 3 Years
Other professional qualifications
General & Administrative
- Supervise drivers, mechanics, electricians and rental or temporary drivers.
- Maintain a box filing system for each vehicle that stores all information (vehicle purchase, insurance & registration documents along with all interventions on the vehicle which will include servicing/repairs and accidents reports, log sheets and other relevant documents.
- Oversee the work of the mechanic/driver, ensuring monthly repair and travel plans are developed and adhered to.
- Compile the monthly/quarterly fuel and gas duty free reports.
- Ensure drivers have an up-to-date and proper license.
- Oversee recruitment of new drivers and testing of driver candidates in traffic rules, signage, signaling, and practical driving.
- Submit regular and comprehensive monthly reports to the supervisor on vehicle movements and problems.
Transport and Fleet Management
- Implementation of Transport policy approved by management.
- Ensure observance of road safety standards; ensure project vehicles are used in accordance with established rules and regulations and that vehicle usage data is correctly recorded.
- Propose improvements in the existing transport processes, systems and tools.
- Track vehicle and fuel usage and consumption rates; ensure that potential problems or fuel misuse is raised to management.
- Maintain daily duty rosters of drivers and dispatch vehicles daily.
- Prepare weekly schedules for drivers/operators.
- Track vehicle registration and insurance and work with procurement to ensure these are always renewed in a timely manner.
- Discuss problems with logs with drivers and train new drivers on how to properly fill in vehicle logs.
Fleet Maintenance and Servicing
- Maintain proper inventory of all components of vehicles, making sure they are maintained and checked frequently.
- Ensure the maintenance, oiling and servicing schedule of the vehicles is followed.