Transport And Tracking Officer-TEMA & ACCRA
Operations Manager Information
3 - 5 Years
Higher National Diploma
Qualification and Requirements: A university degree Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar field and position. Excellent communication skills Analytical self-starter. Excellent IT skills. Good geographic knowledge of ACCRA AND TEMA area. Road transport background preferred.
- Tracking of truck locations by GPS system.
- Monitoring truck driver performance (50-plus vehicles).
- Ensuring strict compliance with company regulations by drivers.
- Identifying on-road exceptions and taking immediate remedial action.
- Co-ordinating and responding to emergency situations.
- Liaising with drivers, operations personnel and management.
- Developing and presenting daily management reports.
- Entails shift work (day/night).
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing and tracking company vehicles
- Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff and drivers to ensure that work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve issues related to transport
- Develop and implement schedules for vehicle repairs and servicing
- Monitor activities of drivers to ensure compliance with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules and government regulations
- Conduct safety audits and organize driver safety meetings
- Monitor expenditure on fuel, vehicle repairs, maintenance and servicing, tyres and all spending related to transport to ensure that they are consistent with approved budgets
- Negotiate authorize contracts with transport suppliers and monitor contract fulfillment
- Recommend capital expenditures for acquisition of new vehicles or major parts in order to increase efficiency and services
- Prepare management reports on fuel usage, vehicle repairs, maintenance and servicing and tires usage
- Any other duties assigned by Managemen