Production Manager Needed Urgently
Operations Manager Information
Our client is a pharmaceutical company and needs the services of a Production Manager.
Reporting directly to the Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO), the Production Manager’s primary responsibility is the technical management, supervision and control of the production processes ensuring that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, primary responsibilities of the Production Manager cover:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the manufacturing activities of all production units.
- Determine the manpower and material resources needed to meet production targets in conjunction with the planning unit of the HR and logistics department.
- Manage the effective deployment and utilization of resources and staff in collaboration with the planning unit of the logistics department.
- Coordinate with the Engineering department to plan and implement preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment.
- Participate in product innovation and renovation activities within the business.
- Collaborate with Quality on employee training to ensure product safety, product quality, and GMP requirements are followed and the highest quality standards are maintained.
- Plan, develop and implement strategic action plans in conjunction with fiscal budget planning.
- Develop or revise standard operation procedures and observes team to ensure compliance.
- Enforce health/safety procedures and guidelines for operation
- Drive change to impact production results through daily and weekly direction setting including effective pre- and post-shift meetings
- Build an engaged and capable production team through training, skills development, effective coaching and communication
- Provide recognition and motivate the production team through creating a positive work environment that drives engagement/ownership at all levels
Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues that arise and identify opportunities for greater efficiencies.
The selected candidate will be assessed using a 360 degree feedback process:
- Conformance To Plan
- % Overall Equipment Efficiency
- Labour Productivity
- Material variance
- Capacity Utilization
- Zero product recall
Interested candidates should send CVs