Head Of Operations (Banking) Needed Urgently!
Operations Manager Information
A reputable Savings & Loans Company is looking to hire a Head of Operations (Banking) to work with immediately.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Management of the Operations Functions and Services
- Develops and implements a business plan, goals and budget for Operations functions and activities that considers the overall corporate objectives, business plan and operational priorities.
- Establishes and sets quality service Operations standards to respond to internal and external clients inquiries, requests, and issues related to loan and savings administration and other commercial operations matters.
- Evaluates, monitors, and controls operations performance against agreed performance standards and taking corrective action against significant deviations.
Performance Management and Evaluation – Operations Function
- Formulates a strategic operations plans to achieve assigned volume and revenue targets, through expansion of the bank’s deposit and
saving base, and lending products.
- Co-ordinates, sets, and delegates to direct reports annual performance targets covering outreach, sustainability, profitability,
transformation, service quality and efficiency.
- In liaison with the Finance department, sets an annual overall revenue and overhead budget and targets.
- Guides and coaches managers in the department to deliver the strategic plan each year.
- Ensures all staff are motivated and organised to exceed performance targets.
- Ensures that adequate resources are provided for all area and branch network and other activities to meet the agreed targets.
- Establishes an effective performance based incentives schemes for area field staff that balance portfolio quality and quantity performance standards.
- Carries out regular and annual performance review of direct reports and takes corrective actions including sending them to training whenever necessary.
- Ensures effective management of poor performance and takes disciplinary actions, where necessary.
- Participates fully in the conversion of the NGO to a fully -fledged microfinance banking institution.
- Ensures a smooth and efficient transition of staff, clients and client loan portfolio to the new institution
Operational Compliance to Internal Control and Regulatory Policies and Procedures
- Oversees the documentation and application of sound and up to date lending and collection and risk management principles and ensures compliance with local banking and finance legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees the establishment and delivery of bank’s products and services including group and individual, savings, deposit taking, and all other new banking services.
- Establishes, documents, and communicates credit management policies, processes and clear guidelines including pre-loan eligibility requirements; client screening; collateral; product design; loan approval authority level; repayment terms and incentives; delinquency default management to all loan processing and credit management staff.
- Ensures loan processes and administration activities adhere to existing policy guidelines including adequacy and security of collateral, quality of overall loan portfolio, delinquency measurement and loan loss monitoring, payments in arrears and portfolio at risk.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Administration
- Other professional qualifications like ACCA, CIM etc
- Full or part professional banking qualification i.e. AIB an advantage
- At least five (5) years experience in bank branch management
- An extensive understanding of the banking environment
- Conversant with major accounting-based software and proficient with Microsoft application suites
- 3 years or more experience and training in managing and supervising branch operations gained from a service oriented, banking or similar industry background,
- Practical management experience in managing and supervising branch operations.
- Knowledge of current Banking laws and regulations and their application