Assistant Mechanical Construction Engineer
Operations Technician Information
3 - 5 Years
Bachelors Degree in Engineering from a recognised university. An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
- Provide constructability input to the design and direction in the layout, fabrication, assembly, installation, test and pre-commissioning of on/offshore facilities equipment, to ensure compliance with the agreed scopes of work and project schedule.
- Provide Construction engineering support to the construction and commissioning activities.
- Development of work packs including detailed Job card man-hour estimating and compilation of WBSs.
- Provide assistance in the contracting activities, including preparation of tender enquiry documents, preparation of responses to tenderers requests for technical clarifications; and plays an active role in the evaluation of tenders from a technical point of view according to Massy Wood Group policies and procedures.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Ensure that work output complies with the relevant Procedures/Codes/Practices.
- Provide technical assistance to Construction Superintendent, Construction Coordinators, Field Supervisors and other members of the team as required.
- Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline
- Review work output of discipline assigned staff as required
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
- Participate as necessary in discussions with Client and visit jobsites when necessary. Liaise with client Technical Authority as and when needed for approval of procedures and other Workpack Documents.
- Assist the Construction Group when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline
- Manage subcontractor budget and perform subcontractor close outs for invoicing
- During the course of any project or study or early Identification of increase or reduction in scope, raising the necessary support documents for Project Control Purposes
- Liaise with field supervisor and construction coordinators on technical issues and raise site technical queries if required
- Carry our Self Verification exercises on projects
- Managing relationships with Management, Construction Staff and the Client
- Continuously improving Construction service delivery.
- Perform all other related job functions as required.
3rd Lagoon drive