The Duty Manager is responsible for the smooth management of all services and related activities at the Centre during the night, weekend and holidays. S/he guarantees the highest standards of service to clients whiles ensuring safety of patients and staff.
- Ensures standard operating practices and instructions in line with policy are followed during shift
- Monitor and ensure staff on roster in all departments are on duty and appropriately dressed. Where staff is absent, call Head of Department (HOD) to arrange for replacement immediately where any staff is absent. (if a doctor is absent, call Medical Director to attend to patients at night)
- To carry out checks on staff working at night to ensure they are supported appropriately and with information as may be required.
- Pro-actively monitor and address all client concerns during shift and follow through with their resolution
- Record all client-staff problems as incidents whiles on duty and indicate the remedial actions taken
- Liaise with Ward and OPD Managers and Heads of Department as appropriate to ensure that the delivery of patient services is efficient.
- Investigate all accidents, untoward incidents and near misses, which occur and report to the relevant manager so that appropriate action plans to prevent recurrence can be agreed. For major accidents/incidents inform Managing Director and HRBP immediately and respective Manager on the next working day.
- At night ensure all rooms that are not in use during the night have all lights, A/C and TV sets off and doors closed.
- Promote good disciplinary team working, good interpersonal relationships and communications between departments during shift
- Monitor break times of staff and ensure smooth shift change overs
- Initiate agreed disciplinary rules and procedures and where discipline is breached take appropriate action within defined authority
- Provide a professional written and verbal handover at the end of the shift
Job Holder Specification
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients both internal and external to address their needs without compromising on ethics of the job.
- Ability to influence ,manage change, and make timely decisions
- Ability to provide effective leadership during one’s shift and hold people accountable for their actions and inactions.
- Ability to work irregular hours, holidays, weekends
Bachelors degree in General Management or related field
Career in Nursing is desirable
3-5 years previous experience as senior officer in a private institution involving client contact