Assistant Parts Manager
Other Jobs Information
3 - 5 Years
Minimum of 5 years experience in supervising the operations of a parts department. Manufacturer or recognized qualification in store and parts management. An understanding of accounting, stock systems and procedures. Computer literate. Good interpersonal and communication skills Ability to work under pressure
- Monitor and maintain margins and profitability of all parts sold through the retail and workshop counters. Alert Trucks and Services After Sales Manager of unusual cases.
- Prepare and carry out regular stock taking as requested by management
- Prepare and submit monthly stock orders to the Parts Manager in line with company policy and procedures.
- Prepare and submit Urgent or Vehicle Off the Road (VOR) orders to the Parts Manager ensure that and ensure that tracking, monitoring and notification procedures are in place at all times.
- Propose, implement and monitor parts ordering procedures for retail customers, workshop and branch Urgent or Vehicle Off the Road (VOR) orders.
- Ensure the correct and efficient use of all communication equipment and manufacturers information by all parts department staff.
- Ensure that all parts related literature and information are updated, accurate and distributed to parts department staff.
- Complete and submit reports and analysis to management, manufactures and suppliers in an accurate and timeouts manner.
- Recommend improvements in facilities, equipment and procedures within the parts department.
- To utilize the available accounting and stock systems to monitor and control all stocks and sales transactions.
- Ensure security and safety of stock and report any abnormal incidents to management.
- To handle customer parts queries and complaints with the resources within the equipment parts department in a timely and efficient manner.
- To propose and implement marketing strategy in conjunction with relevant managers to increase parts sales.
- To regularly meet with the relevant to assess and resolve parts related issues.
- Supervise and monitor locally purchased goods and services ensuring that price and quality are in accordance with company policy and standards.
- Promote and maintain a safe and clean working environment within the parts department.
- Analyze redundant and obsolete stock and calculate stock provisions in line with company policy.
- Assess and recommend staff departmental training needs and requirements.
Airport By-Pass Road