DEPUTY DIRECTOR, RESEARCH, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
Other Jobs Information
The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians, who are dynamic, goal-oriented and results-driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to the under-mentioned positions.
To provide technical and operational support in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation for the achievement of the mandate of the Commission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, the Deputy Director, Research will perform the following key duties:
- Serve as in-house resource person on national statistics and data production and management systems during policy dialogues with sector ministries, departments and agencies and formulation of national development policy frameworks.
- Develop in-house capacity for the management and utilisation of national data and statistics for policy making, monitoring and evaluation.
- Organise and implement data collection and compilation system and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Provide the necessary technical backstopping to the other divisions of the Commission in the design and conduct of research on relevant development issues.
- Undertake a comprehensive review of the Commission’s policy formulation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in achievement of development policies and programmes.
- Develop and maintain a database for the Commission based on data from primary and secondary sources, including quarterly and annual progress reports of sectors and districts.
- Excellent leadership skills, discernible networking and management skills
- Very good mentoring and coaching skills
- Very good understanding of planning, policy analysis and formulation, and performance measuring
- Monitoring and evaluation methodologies
- Very good knowledge in the conduct of research, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and interpretation capacities
- Very good conceptual modelling skills, demonstrable ability of working independently
- Ability to manage diverse and evolving workload, strong interpersonal and team spiritedness
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex development policy issues clearly
- Ability to innovate, combining methodological approaches and data from various levels and disciplines including economics, finance, development, etc.
- Very good expertise regarding data models, data visualisation and communication; database design and data mining
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to write high-quality policy papers as well as shorter targeted notes
- Excellent computer skills, including full working knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages
The National Development Planning Commission’s compensation package is competitive in the public sector, with very attractive fringe benefits.
Applicants must be able to serve the Commission for a minimum of four (4) years on the appointed grade before attaining the compulsory retirement age of (sixty) 60.
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information names and addresses of two (2) referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
- Vision statement on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4-size paper)
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Applications should be submitted via post or hand-delivered to:
National Development Planning Commission
No.13 Switchback Road
P. O. Box CT633
Or email to:
Closing Date: 14 February 2018