Other Jobs Information
Tinkabella Complex School seeks the services of a Library Assistant to work under the supervision of the headteacher. As a library assistant, you will perform a variety of duties which includes maintaining library technical support and user services. Additionally, we would provide guidance and training when needed.
- Sort publications, books and other literary items and return them to their proper shelves and storage areas.
- Locate library materials, including periodicals, books, magazines and electronic resources, and assist in the creation, routing, revision and approval of a variety of online documents.
- Assist pupils when looking for reading or research materials, and instruct them in the use of library resources.
- Issue library cards and maintain library equipment in a proper working order.
- Maintain records of new and used items received, issued, stored and returned, and file according to the library system.
- Generate reports on a monthly basis.
- Open and close library following normal school hours, secure library equipment and deal with the problem or disruptive pupils, or refer them to the headteacher.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Diploma Certificate holder in a relevant field.
- Candidates with experience will be given preference.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
All applications along with CVs should be submitted.