Other Jobs Information
The Farm Manager role is summarized as:
• Farm Manager will oversee the business operations of a farm by providingleadership and organization during the production process.
• Selecting and supervising workers, budget planning, organizing routinemaintenance, keeping records and communicating with potential product buyers.
• Analyses and figures out marketing strategies, support the hiring andmentor the workers of the farm and also perform some of the farming duties wherenecessary
• Keep records of planting and harvesting times
• Prepare and develop training modules.
• Generate a database that supports the Project Site in order for thefarmers as well as the consumers to be well informed of the stocks that they have or areoffering.
• Ensure logistics are available for effective work at the project site.
• Have/make sure the harvest is well stored and arrange for buyers
• Keep record of farm inventories, equipment and ensure its proper maintenance.
• Prepare quarterly and yearly production budget and reports
• Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as nursing seedling, transplanting, irrigation, nutrient application, andharvesting
• Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
• Inspects fields and production system to determine maturity dates of crops to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
• Ensure efficient water management on the farm
• Having good organizational skills to distribute work to employees and maintaining timetables.
• Perform any other duties assigned