Other Jobs Information
A reputable Business Services/ Advertising & Marketing/ Media & Communication company is seeking to hire a Strategic planner/Strategist to work with.
NB: READ THE REQUIREMENTS AND JOB DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the Strategy Department which includes the services of strategic planning, brand activation, insights and research on all existing and potential business for the company.
- To have a clear understanding of all client business, market environment and products/brands.
- Keep abreast of competitive activity/new market communication and share with client and team timely as required.
- Research and development of business and or communications solutions for new and existing business.
- To develop strategic frameworks and creative platforms for the creative team to conceptualize from on both new and existing client business acquisitions within the agency.
- Build close and enduring relationships with senior clients (including Board level).
- Assist the Managing Director/General Manager on an operational platform, to ensure that we maintain successful working relationships with our clients.
- Responsible for the management and development of client portfolio within the agency, in a strategic management capacity.
- Lead people and teams, strategic development and insights, creativity in brief writing, 360 degree solution provider, creation, development and packaging client relationships, following of operational processes within the agency.
- Demonstrate to clients, existing and potential, through the work we deliver - the power of creative excellence in addressing business issues.
- Inspire the agency team to develop alternative innovative channel solutions to meet client’s business needs and grow their business overall.
- Maintain the highest standards of delivery and quality throughout development and implementation of all work.
- Enhance the team productivity through coaching, process improvement and effective leadership.
- Clear understanding of client’s business, market environment and products/brands.
- Generate income growth through the building of client belief in the success of agency’s work
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- A Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Journalism or a related field with practical experience working as a strategist.
- At least 10 years agency experience
- Proficiency in through the line communication, e.g.: ATL, BTL, CRM, Promotions, Digital.
- A very well organised person who knows the industry and how to prioritise and coordinate multiple responsibilities and tasks in a pressured and dynamic environment.
- Must have a strong personality- be results orientated – professional and fair.
- PC Literacy essential (All MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and GroupWise e-mail)
- Sound business acumen.
- Excellent, open and confident communicator
- Has Leadership potential, tenacious and the ability to deal with pressure.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, willing “to go the extra mile”.
- Pro-active with a great a sense of urgency Integrity is essential in view of confidential information.
- Detail orientated.
- Organising, planning, control and administrative skills are essential.
- Must be creative!
- Be pro-active, add value, and manage clients’ expectations.
- Deep understanding of the agency culture, credentials, philosophy, working tools and worldwide knowledge.