Other Jobs Information
Our client, a global commodity trading and processing company is currently looking for a proactive Mechanical Supervisor to help with their operations in Ghana.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out supervision on wide variety of tasks related to repair and repair supervision. Managing situations, offering assistance to drivers and trucks who have faults whilst in transit.
As a Mechanical supervisor, you will be responsible for hiring and training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations and servicing of the vehicles.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect company vehicles periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Act as a liaison between the company and third-party repair shops and ensure that repairs are done in the best possible way.
- Conduct spare parts supplier comparison and make recommendations based on their ability to give value for money.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Oversee all repairs and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Maintain all inventory and equipment, and ensure proper storage.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work.
- Conduct follow-ups on all maintenance and repair work.
- Conduct safety inspections as scheduled.
- Establish strategies to meet workload demands on time.