Other Jobs Information
This key role within the institution is responsible for the security and maintenance of facilities. This is to ensure a condusive environment is created to facilitate learning and residential facilities for staff and students.
- Plan and coordinate upkeep and maintenance of all equipment including kitchen, dormitories, classroom, &offices furniture, air-conditioners, generators& our self dedicated Transformer and all motor vehicles of the school
- Ensure the roads, drainage systems and grounds are always well kept, lawns kept low, flower beds and surroundings free from litter.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Inspect buildings and structures to determine the need for repairs, painting or renovations.
- Ensure regular and consistent supply of water and electricity to dormitories classrooms and staff housing.
- Put an early warning system in place to ensure faults are promptly reported and fixed.
- Provide leadership for grounds staff supervising staff/external contractors engaged for new constructions, and in cleaning, maintenance, waste disposal, grounds keeping and securityof school campus.
- Managing Security Company to ensure they achieve contract provisions.
- Managing maintenance budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness. Maintaining accurate records regularly
- •Advising on energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
- Ensuring all insurance polices are in place and provide adequate notice for renewals.
- Managing parking facilities and ensuring space.
- In charge of and managing the Asset Register of the school by keeping track of all school assets.
- And any other roles that may be from time to time assigned
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
- 3+ years in facilities management.
- Project management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Multitasking ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Good time management.
- Technical and functional skills using a variety of computer applications like Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel etc