Clerk Of Works/ Site Supervisor-Takoradi
Other Jobs Information
Mission/Core Purpose of The Job:
The incumbent will provide onsite technical supervision and support by monitoring the day to day construction activities on assigned construction sites. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the company’s projects are completed in keeping with requirements and within time and budget. The incumbent must prepare and submit detailed analytical reports as scheduled to provide decision-makers with reliable and accurate information on the status of on-going projects.
The Incumbent will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Site Supervision
- Monitors and controls access to construction site(s) as necessary
- Inspects and verifies that all materials delivered to the construction site comply with contractual requirements.
- Monitors, inspects and ensures workmanship and practices of contractors and/or crews engaged in construction are in accordance with required standards.
- Conducts on-going site inspections to ensure adherence to all building codes, plans and specifications; takes action as necessary
- Witnesses testing and quality control activities to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Monitors cleanliness and general orderliness of construction site
- Monitors construction work schedules to ensure they remain ‘on schedule’.
- Prepares and submits detailed reports on any deviations in workmanship, construction activity or schedules together with appropriate recommendations
- Project Management Support
- Assists the Project Manager in the review and evaluation of plans, specifications and designs submitted by contractors and/or engineers
- Assists the Project Manager in verifying the quantum of works completed by each contractor
- Assists Project Manager with commissioning or updating the punch/snag list in the approved format
- Monitors and ensures that site activities are in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- Participates in project meetings as the Corporation’s site representative as required and prepares/ submits reports to seniors within the specified timeframe
- Assists in the preparation of Scope of Works, Specifications and Cost Estimates for variations to the work in progress or for developing RFQs/RFPs.
- Health & Safety
- Facilitates site inspection(s) and monitoring for compliance with health and safety regulations, building codes and/or any other relevant regulations.
- Liaises with the Construction Manager to ensure that Health and Safety issues that are reported or observed are adequately actioned by the appropriate contractors within the agreed timeframes
- Conducts routine site inspection(s) and advises the Project Manager(s) and/or Construction Manager of any deviations to Occupational Safety and Health requirements
- Documentation of Records and Reports
- Prepares and submits reports on all incidents and/or accidents occurring on the construction site in accordance with standard HSE procedures
- Logs all activities of the construction site in the Daily Logbook in accordance with the Corporation’s procedures and standards, including:
- Visitors to the construction site
- Daily Weather
- Materials delivered to site
- Works conducted
- Incidents / Accidents
Security related matters
- Prepares and submits daily/weekly/monthly reports on assigned project(s), utilizing the approved formats and within the agreed time frames.