Road & Earthworks Quantity Surveyor
Other Jobs Information
Core Purpose of The Job:
The Road & Earthworks Quantity Surveyor will be provide all necessary assistance to the road construction team with respect to all financial aspects and contractual matters in the project. He/She will participate in the review and approval of interim payments, variations and other financial matters. He will analyse, evaluate all claims made by sub-contractors, and approve for payment. In addition, they will assist in all related commercial and contractual requirements by being commercially aware of protecting the company’s interests in respect of claiming all monies due to works executed, changes, delays and claims.
- The incumbent will seekto minimise the cost and risk of roads and earthworks projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required time, HSE and quality standards. S/he will prepare estimates and costs of the work and when the project is in progress, will keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
- In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities for all new projects.
- Estimating the material resource requirements for the works.
- Preparation of monthly valuation of works done.
- Assist the Technical Director in daily, weekly and monthly progress report preparation
- Undertaking cost control activities on the project.
- Ensuring that all variation orders and site instructions are well booked, cost and approved.
- Site measurements of work in progress.
- Management of subcontract accounts and recommending payments.
Assist the Head of Projects with a range of otherduties as may be required from time to time
Other role details;
· Minimum of 10+ years postgraduate experience.
· Minimum of 7 years related experience in Roads, Bridges and Highways Projects is a must.
· Experience in the assessment of claims and variations on major roads infrastructure, civil and utilities infrastructure projects.
· Good knowledge and experience of Ghana Roads & Highways standard forms of contract.
· Ability to recognize contractual obligations of both the company and its subcontractors.
· Good knowledge of road infrastructure and earthworks methods and materials.
Project management experience and qualification will be a bonus
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast costs.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to read and interpret road drawings.
- Understanding of earth works, road structure, edges, barriers and markings.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current