Other Jobs Information
This is a highly visible senior leadership role that will lead and supervise the financial activities, including financial and management accounts, financial planning, costs and budgets, financial reporting and analysis to ensure all financial transactions are accounted for and is available to support Executive team decision making. In addition, the Financial Controller will also supervise the activities of the credit control
Functions of the Appointment
- To be responsible for the preparation of the annual organizational financial budget ensuring provision of sufficient resources and assets to attain organizational objectives.
- To supervise the preparation of monthly financial reports including expenditures, variances against budget, balance sheet etc
- To supervise the General Ledger accounting work to ensure that all revenues and costs are correctly allocated and monitored. This will include the preparation of regular reconciliations of accounts and its subsequent reporting.
- To undertake reviews of departmental operational objectives and all related financial policies affecting the organization’s accounting and financial systems.
- To clearly identify strategic issues, opportunities and risks linked to both accounting and credit function.
- To ensure staff compliance with the approved financial and credit policies and procedures as well as being up to date of any new accounting and reporting standards.
- To ensure audit compliance and full sign off from external auditors.
- To organize the Accounts and Credit Control department by the successful recruitment and implementation of accounts and credit control staff with the assistance of HR.
Must have Master's degree in Accounting and/or Finance or other related field, plus a professional accounting qualification such as a CA/ACCA/CIMA
A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, budget, administration. Extensive knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and standards. Ability to apply conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in accounting operations.
Personal Qualities and Competencies
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude. Highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented. Very strong customer orientation
- Knowledge of developing and supporting required interfaces between various related business and clinical applications
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the interdependencies of functional departments and groups (in health care industry) and the ability to lead
- Demonstrated ability to take and work on own initiative.
- Good initiative and problem-solving skills
- Assertiveness- ability to articulate views and decisions and stick to them where necessary.
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines; eg, network operations, databases, software applications and interfaces, production operations, quality assurance and systems management
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area