Head Of Sales
Other Jobs Information
The primary responsibility of the Head of Sales is to ensure that revenue and profitability targets are achieved and exceeded, work with key departments/stakeholders to develop sales pipelines in line with overall sales and organizational strategy. You will design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company's customer base and ensure its strong presence. You own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales manager/representatives. You will also support in the development of collaterals (Events, programming, partnerships) based on knowledge from stakeholder engagements and lead in the commercialization of these collaterals.
- Provide leadership over the sales department by developing weekly/monthly/annual and seasonal sales targets for the department, examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements, product mix development, and taking responsibility for the department’s performance against targets.
- Manage the departmental calendar in regard to sales priorities inclusive of launches, promotions, exclusives, and campaign activities for the purpose of maximizing sales opportunities.
- Introduce new concepts and content to the market by leading the sales team to drive penetration and acceptance.
- Implement sales strategies that further the department’s agenda and drives enhanced revenue generation for our business.
- Deliver an optimized market mix relative to the core target consumers
- Identify the roadmap that will lead to achievement of the department’s goals as well as the overall goals of the business.
- Create and implement sales action plans that incorporate key actions that work to set KPI’s for the business.
- Plan, structure and sell media content to clients (existing and new) and meet/exceed sales goals in respect of revenue and volumes.
- Utilize analytics tools in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to management.
- Identify areas of improvement in sales strategies and with a view of establishing actionable insights for the improving of sales and business profits.
- Monitor and observe the brand and make forecasts, identify new trends ahead of the curve, hence, offering the business a competitive advantage and keeping it ahead of competition
- Team up with the production, digital and brands teams in creating product intelligence and ensuring that these are aligned to support and drive sales and conversions.
- Work closely with the analytics/research department in processing relevant data and information, translating it into actionable strategies that drive sales and lead to the achievement of targets.
- Partner with the senior management for administrative purposes, for example, the development of plans, strategies, structure, budget, vision, and establishment of goals for the department.
Other role details
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Sales or Related Fields.
- At least three years’ experience in media business sales
- Expect knowledge in the media competitor landscape and global best practices to maximize revenue generation.
- In-depth knowledge of local market and consumers along the value chain
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, client requirements, competitor responses and our business’s ability to use information to identify new business opportunities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- A high degree of judgement ability to handle complex relationships
- Ability to be abreast on changes in the industry, competitor responses and identifying new business opportunities
- Ability to make judgements on the most appropriate sales strategy and approach
- Ability to stay self-motivated
- Ability to maximize profit margins