Production In Charge
Other Jobs Information
Higher National Diploma
A minimum of HND or Degree in Food Science and Technology, Mechanical Engineering or any related field A minimum of 5 – 7 years in a similar role
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems; policies and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices record-keeping systems, forms of control and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources; maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Resolves personnel problemsby analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- All other jobs as may be assigned to him by the Plant Manager.
Kojo Thompson Road