Other Jobs Information
A reputable International School is seeking to employ an Internal Auditor
Under the supervision of the Director Of Operations the Internal Auditor will conduct various types of audits and reviews in accordance with accepted professional standards to determine the adequacy of internal controls, efficiency of the policies and procedures and to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
1. Evaluate the company’s operating controls and policies, financial reporting mechanisms, adherence to regulatory guidelines and key business indicators.
2. Help the company in complying with tax regulations and follow up with departmental heads where control weaknesses are noted to gauge progress in remediation.
3.Plan, organize and carry out the internal audit function based on the initial assessment of key risks and control weaknesses in existing processes.
4. Make practicable recommendations for process improvements, ensure implementation of approved recommendations and continuously monitor compliance with corporate policies and pertinent regulations.
5.Carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards, by which the company's financial and non financial resources are managed.
6. Review the school's financial statements and verify that amounts recorded are accurate and complete.
7. Review financial statements, proforma invoices, payments vouchers and verify that amounts recorded are accurate and complete.
8. Determine whether financial transactions are reported in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the industry.
9. Use statistical and economic methods to compare historical and current data, evaluate performance across business segments and propose budget adjustments in nonperforming areas.
10. To carry out routine audit of the Company's functioning and report outcomes.
11. To carry out special assignment like; systems development, special audit / enquiry as may be assigned by the Operations Director from time to time.
12. Provide assistance to External Auditors as required.
13. Perform any other duties as required by the Operations Director