Products And Applications Specialist Needed
Other Operations Jobs Information
Job Description of Product and Applications Specialist
Job Objective and Summary
1. To promote company’s IVD and life science products international business.
2. To provide product application support and training services to customers on applications configuration, troubleshooting and optimization of laboratory equipment and practices.
Core Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
• Promote and support IVD and life science products within an assigned territory.
• Participate in or organize seminars for concerned professional associations/research groups.
• Lead/partake in product presentations to customers, prospects, and the sales team.
• Maintain and develop relationship with Hospitals, Laboratories, Universities, Research Institutes, governmental agencies, NGO’s, IVD and life science industry.
• Provide support and training to customers remotely and onsite.
• Maintain/update periodic reports, such as: opportunity pipeline trackers, maintenance contract tracker, meeting summaries with strategic customers, etc.
• Actively follow up customers to ensure that they are on company’s maintenance care plan.
• Reach out to customer leads through calls, office visitations, emails, proposals, or any other techniques.
• Efficient Instrument Applications Configuration and Operator Training
• Timely and Precise Applications support to customers (Including: Instrument Troubleshooting, Resolution of scientific related problems and providing update on new methods & techniques).
• Plan and facilitate regular scientific workshops & training to enhance customers’ capacity building on Quality
Laboratory Practices and the use of company’s Diagnostic solutions
• Lead Products specification & Application discussions; acting as primary field technical interface between the sales team and customer, by providing scientific explanations and clarifications on company’s Laboratory solutions to prospective customers
• In conjunction with the customer service department, ensure customers’ receipt and implementation of all product/quality notifications from company’s Principals
• Support and enhance sales processes by liaising with customers to understand their workflow and help them with optimization of their analysers, and providing relevant sales lead gathered to the sale team.
Actively involved in every scientific engagement undertaken by the company, as the need arises.
• Manage relationship with partners including business planning, supply chain, collaborative customer follow-ups, and organizing training for the sales team.
• Collaborate with important intern stakeholders e.g., supply chain, engineers, application specialist, etc., to ensure that customer expectations are met.
• Collaborate with partners to perform periodic business performance reviews
• First Class Bachelor’s degree in biological
sciences or in Medical Laboratory
• Certification in any product
specialist course is an added
advantage or Membership of
• 2-5 years’ experience in medical/life
• 1-year laboratory research
experience in life sciences will be an
added advantage or 2+ years in
routine medical laboratory practices
and hands-on experience with
• Knowledge in quality management