Shift Supervisor (Soap Industry)
Other Operations Jobs Information
We are looking for a skilled shift supervisor to help oversee the daily activities and how employees perform during their shift. The person would be responsible for efficient use of production tools and equipment, raw materials and efficient distribution of manpower available to achieve optimum production targets. He/she are also be in charge of maintaining a tidy and organized workspace stocked with essential supplies, while ensuring that production or service runs smoothly.
On a daily basis, you’ll supervise employees during your shift and make sure that they complete their tasks and are motivated to work effectively.
Shift supervisor skills include contributing to the production strategy by knowing the business goals and how to achieve them. You’ll also act as a reference point for employees, and ready to fix problems that occasionally arise.
Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our business reputation by ensuring daily duties are completed and goals are met.
- Manage daily schedules, employee shifts, and time-off requests
- Assign duties to employees and oversee their progress
- Ensure that daily production goals are met.
- Train and integrate new workers
- Provide guidance and feedback to employees when needed.
- Ensure industry rules and regulations are followed.
- Resolve conflicts between employees with the support of HR department.
- Transfer products and other objects to and from the worksite on occasion
- Ensures that all documentation concerning the ordering and releasing of both raw materials and finished goods are properly documented.
- Ensures that all raw materials and production materials requested are sufficient and well labeled on the line.
- Production report with shift/Production manager.
- Closely monitor all employees to make sure every employees is at his/her post.
- Enforce all safety policies on the production floor.
- Ensures that all PPE’s are requested and used regularly on the line.
- Ensuring that the production floor is kept tidy and clean always
- Schedule a proper cleaning of the mixing equipment and line as well on a regular basis.
- Create awareness on all operators for him to be prompted in case any issue which could affect the course of the work and quality of the product outcome.
- Follow-up, the cleaning of the line during changeover.
- Ensure correct batch coding on wrapper, cartons and arrange finished goods carton on pallet as per product standard.
- Check hourly basis production logbook and arrange finished goods at designated place. Next day after QC approval transfer finished goods to warehouse.
- Keep record of daily production, scrap soap and recycle soap and wrapper wastage in logbook.
- Following up on other tasks from managers.
- Prepare daily production report, process parameter check list and submit to shift manager.
- Report to shift manager if there is any fault or problems on machine /production line.