Other Procurement Jobs Information
1) Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
2) Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
3) Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
4) Control purchasing department budgets.
5) Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
6) Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
7) Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
8) Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
10) Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
11) Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
12) Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
13) Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
14) Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
15) Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
16) Administer on-line purchasing systems.
17) Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
2.1. Maintain professional and pleasant working relation with superiors and peers at all times.
2.1. Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment management system.
2.2. Ensure that all accidents, fire, loss, theft and damages are reported to superiors immediately and proper procedures are followed. In addition, where appropriate, take remedial action.
2.3. Adhere to the QHSE rules and regulations of client.
2.4. Use correct PPE and maintain them in good condition.
2.5. Ensure proper usage and maintenance of all equipment in stores.
2.6. Ensure that all the storage areas and units are regularly cleaned including defrosting of freezer and chiller as per the given schedule and QHSE guidelines.
2.7. Conduct regular inspections of all areas ensuring compliance and maintenance of hygiene standards and stores procedures.
2.8. Attend toolbox meetings and other training events on the hazards and issues related to job.
2.9. Ensure that periodic pest control is done in stores taking all necessary precautions to prevent food contamination.
2.10. Maintain the highest possible standards of personal hygiene.
4.1. Monitor cost and quality to ensure they meet the objectives and targets set by the manager.
4.2. Ensure that procedures, instructions and policies given by the management are clearly understood and implemented and monitored in the area of responsibility.