Chef De Partie
Pastry Chef Information
3 - 5 Years
• A minimum of Diploma or HND in a relevant field • Basic food hygiene certification or other equivalent qualifications • Basic health and safety certification or other equivalent qualifications
Participates in all areas of food preparation and production as well as other kitchen-related responsibilities. Be a team player and have strong work ethics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in all areas of food production.
- Help control food costs. Adheres to standards of food quality.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and equipment Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, pastry and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating, baking & decorating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Head Chef or manager-on-duty.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and service personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Must be able to follow printed recipe and plate specifications
- Must maintain personal hygiene and wear clean uniform and have tidy appearance
Qualification & Requirements
- A minimum of Diploma or HND in a relevant field
- Basic food hygiene certification or other equivalent qualifications
- Basic health and safety certification or other equivalent qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience a Chef de Partie
- Dependable: show up for work when scheduled.
- Detail oriented: must be able to follow basic recipes and methods.
- Know how to work with sense of urgency- can keep up with orders during busy times
- Working hours: Mon - Fri 4.45am - 1.45pm, Sat 6.45am - 12 noon.
- Must be available for arbitrary working on weekends and holidays
Kojo Thompson Road