LineOmatic Machine Operator
Print Operator Information
Sets up and operates exercise book ruling machines to draw lines on notebooks sheets, according to specifications,
Reads job orders to determine settings. Installs and adjusts machine parts, for example slitting knives, trimming blades, ruling flex, printing reels, belts, and gear, using hand tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets guides, feed rollers, and other machine parts to accommodate size and style of material being produced.
- Fills ink well, and turns valves to regulate flow of ink.
- Installs Rolls of paper in roll-fed machine, adjust cutting mechanism that cuts product to specified length.
- Examines lines being drawn to detect variations in line width or color tone, and measures dimensions of product, using tape rule, to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Makes adjustments as required. Starts machine and observes operation of machine during production run.
- Set the cover & index feeder according to size
- Check the quality of the job for every 30 minute with quality checklist provided.
- Set Machine for specified length and thickness of stitching wire into machine.
- Starts machine and makes trial run, re adjusts machine setup if necessary, and regulates machine speed.
- Takes periodic readings of counter and record number of books produced and also examine samples periodically for defects to determine when problem occurs.
- Performing daily, as well as periodic, maintenance on all of the In-line equipment, and assisting in the repairing and/or the rebuilding of the equipment when called upon the machine.
- Maintaining quality and production records in a prescribed manner to provide useful information on the given job.
- Reporting unusual conditions of the machines to the supervisor or the Maintenance Team.
- Working on job assignments at the Production floor as instructed.
- Shall perform daily and periodic maintenance by oiling, greasing, and cleaning machine parts as well as make minor repairs to keep machine in working condition.
- Record job information on Pallet tags and time/daily report sheets.
- Monitor automated operation systems (Control Panel) and respond to fault, error, or alert messages.
- Direct or monitor work of Machine Apprentices and maintain time or production records.
- Ensure that all records are up to date (Output, Quality checks, handing over, Fault reporting etc.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality output
- Efficient use of Machine
- Waste Reduction
- Timely record keeping
Work experience and Skills
- A minimum of five years’ experience in operation of a LineOmatic machine.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Communication and Team Work.
- Physically Fit and able to perform Manual Work
- Strong Attention to Detail and Accuracy
The ideal candidate should be able to fully operate the LineOMatic Automatic Exercise Book Machine.