Procurement Manager Information
Reporting to: General Manager
Title Procurement Manager
Procurement Officer responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. Procurement Officer’s duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses while ensuring required stock are always available, so that the hotel can invest in growth and people
Roles and Responsibilities: (Key duties)
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Receive and analyse quotations received.
- Raise LPOs, LSOs after receiving purchase requests from users for approval by the Manager In-charge.
- Ensure stock is delivered in a timely manner by liaising with venders
- Sourcing for new Suppliers required by the Hotel and engaging them.
- Ensure stock received meets the requirements including quality.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all purchases and reporting monthly on the same.
- Conduct monthly stock take and reporting on the same.
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.