Procurement Manager (Water Bottling Company)
Procurement Manager Information
Purpose of Position:
To spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes. To purchases of all goods and services in a cost-effective, as required by the company. To ensure quality control and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Capable of working under sustained pressure to produce results and must also be capable of working for long hours
- Very good at keeping records and knowing stock levels at all times.
- Ability to plan, organizes, coordinate, motivate and control .
- Ability to communicate effectively at all level and should be teachable.
Academic qualifications and experience required
Min - BBA (supply chain management, logistics)
Ideal – MBA (supply chain management, logistics)
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
2-3 years’ experience as Procurement Manager
Experience using supply chain management software and tools.
iii. Key Competencies
(Verbal and written – demonstrated ability to convey & receive information to others clearly, logically and coherently)
Planning & Organizing
(Demonstrate ability to structure & prioritize work in a logical & orderly manner, reviewing and monitoring achievement and ensure delivery of high quality work outcome)
(Demonstrate ability to identify priorities for tasks, understanding what is expected of them and seek out resources to drive achievement of desired work outcome.)
(Demonstrate ability to effectively work as part of a team, coach, mentor and lead a team to achieve professional development and organisational objective)
Negotiating & Influencing
(Demonstrate ability to identify, engage, persuade and convince internal and external customers on issues to the benefit of the organisation)
(Demonstrate proactive ability to build positive relationships among team, working to understand others, shows considerations and supportive of seek to build ideas)