Supply Chain /Procurement Manager
Procurement Manager Information
3 - 5 Years
HND/ B.Sc. in related field with preference for Social/Management Sciences Knowledgeable in health, safety and quality standards (ISO standards) – optional Possession of professional certifications in line with the job requirements 3- 5 years’ experience
- Develop, hone and execute improved supply chain management strategies across all channels of purchasing to guarantee end-user satisfaction
- Ensure that all procurements are planned, executed and monitored in line with laid down policies, processes and procedures.
- Ownership and accountability for sourcing processes as well as the identification and development of new and/or potential suppliers
- Periodic review of requisitions that allow for full compliance with procurement processes and procedures
- Full compliance with vendor selection policies and processes as well as ensuring a periodic review, assessment and appraisal of vendor performance including but not limited to the application of sanctions on erring vendors, etc.
- Evaluate and implement cost saving strategies that will improve profitability
- Contact, engage and maintain a pool of credible/capable suppliers, as well as ensuring the negotiation of favorable terms and conditions on contracts for supplies/construction in line with budget.
- Ensure the timely delivery of goods aimed at assuring uninterrupted business operations
- Manage the procurement process to ensure that re-order levels, lag times, re-order quantities, etc. are well analyzed to ensure seamless business operations
- Communicates with shippers and freight forwarders in order to optimize the delivery process, as needed
- Co-perform quality checks on procured goods from time to time in order to forestall vendors from delivering substandard products
- Develop delivery timelines to ensure that project implementation or supplies can proceed as planned
- Implements storage, warehousing and issuance procedures for certain inventory items
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Coordinate deliveries and ensure compliance with policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
- Co-support in the implementation of cost control strategies necessary to facilitate optimal pricing mix for purchases
- Ensure proper documentation of on-going and completed supplies for invoicing and subsequent payments.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with vendor selection and bidding process in all procurement activities within the company and ensure that sub-contractors/site contractors deliver quality jobs and adhere to laid down processes, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for processing purchase orders, and assist in the processing of vendor invoices and other documentation.
MOS 58 Ashale Avenue, American House, East Legon