Procurement Manager Information
3 - 5 Years
BSc in Purchasing/Procurement or Supply Chain or a related field 5 years experience as hotel purchasing manager
- Responsible for ensuring that competitive bidding is taking place and that business is awarded fairly and ethically.
- Responsible for monitoring slow moving and dead stock as well as keeping the stock levels in accordance with operational needs.
- Ensure all operational needs are met consistently and in a timely manner and best products are obtained at the best quality and price available.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deliveries and issues are documented and processed correctly.
- Responsible for ensuring that communication is taking place with all departments in regard to matters that would in any way affect the operation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all areas are secure, organized, and clean.
- Responsible for supervising, training, and motivating the Purchasing department staff.
- Responsible for disciplinary actions, evaluations, scheduling, etc
- Responsible for keeping up to date with the latest trends and products.
- Responsible for working together with the Chef to obtain the best products and prices available; reviewing the market list and offers daily.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for maintaining a good relationship with business partners.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the controller and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with Financial Controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of daily activities.
- Identify Training talents in the department and actively support their career development.
- Support and initiate transfer, cross exposure, and task force assignments for their team.
- Recruit and select potential talent according to the Company’s current and future hotel, regional and worldwide needs including conducting interviews for positions in the department. Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BSc in Purchasing/Procurement or Supply Chain or a related field
- 5 years experience as hotel purchasing manager
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential, and ethical approach at all times
- Sound cost analysis and cost management skills
- Works in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective computer software is a plus
- Knowledge of food handling, quality control and local regulations
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works well under pressure
Close to the National Theatre