Procurement Officer Information
Implement approved procurement policies of the company in accordance with approved company procedures and regulatory requirements.
The suitably qualified candidate would be stationed at the Head Office in Accra.
- Implement approved procurement policies, procedures and standards for optimising procurement of works, goods and services for the Waste Consortium.
- Liaise with departments/units to collate data for the preparation of annual procurement plans/budget.
- Research and identify procurement requirements for standardization and update of Qualified Products List.
- Participate in the identification/sourcing and negotiation with strategic suppliers.
- Collate data/information for the preparation of bid documents for the purchase of goods and services.
- Maintain and update database of vendors/suppliers of the company and monitor their capabilities in meeting procurement needs.
- Maintain good business rapport with regulatory bodies and clearing agents to facilitate effective and efficient clearing of goods from the ports.
- Vet claims and recommend for payment as appropriate.
- Monitor to ensure that procurement of goods, works and services are effectively managed in line with approved policies/procedures.
- Participate in inventory and stock taking and submit report to Manager.
- Provide support in organizing procurement training for relevant personnel in the Waste Consortium to develop/maintain professional personnel for the procurement/logistics function.
- Prepare periodic/monthly reports on procurement activities and any other statutory reports relating to job function.
- Perform any other duty(s) as assigned by Superior Officer.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply or a related field
- At least Three (3) years relevant working experience in related role with technical background.
- Good knowledge of procurement methods and procedures of a large scale/centralized purchasing function including: buying, quality assurance, contract administration and contract law.
- Good knowledge of the procurement law, ordinances, rules, regulations, and other requirements governing the procurement activities in Ghana.
- Good knowledge of the procurement procedures, rules and regulations of external vendors.
- Negotiation and contract administration skills.
- Knowledge of accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and internet and other procurement software and tools.
Decision making based on a thorough analysis.