Project Accountant Information
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure consistent billing and financial reporting at project levels by following best practices.
• Review project budgets, staffing and work plans to guarantee appropriate fees.
• Offer exact invoices to clients and coordinate consultant payments.
• Monitor accounts receivable and support project managers with collection efforts.
• Run and send pre-bills for project manager’s review and instruction.
• Prepare invoices making changes and notifying timesheet errors to supervisors.
• Prepare and revise elaborate client invoices.
• Support analysis and report assigned projects’ financial information.
• Translate project working capital financial information and support project team.
• Offer actual costs information to team and conduct transfers.
• Generate, audit and mail client invoices to assist in cash flow and make subcontractor invoice payments.
• Input owner billings, change and purchase orders, subcontracts and journal entries.
• Support effective client relationship and submit project invoices.
• Ensure up-to-date maintenance of client contracts that reflect project needs.
• Guarantee timely reporting, budgeting, financial management and project forecasting to clients.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
• More than 5 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in the accounting environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
• Strong service orientation.
• Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.