Sales And Marketing Executive (Hospitality Industry)
Sales Executive Information
1 - 3 Years
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. • Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a Sales position, preferably in a 4/5-star hotel. • Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment • English – excellent oral and written skills • Additional language - beneficial • Problem Solving & decision-making skills • Be familiar with labor laws and regulations • Administration skills • People Oriented • Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively. • Excellent organizational and time management skills. • Applies a professional, confidential, and ethical approach always. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) • Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
- Solicit existing and potential customers and follow up established accounts on regular basis by phone, by correspondence or by personal contact.
- Set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing, and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts from corporate commercial accounts.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- Negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
- Follow the sales and marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Explore industry-related data, new developments in certain agencies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centres, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit to the hotel and distribute this information to their colleagues.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.)
- Bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities, and invitation lists.
- When necessary, handle the group and individual reservation requests personally.
- Maintain the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA) which will be capable of identifying report sales calls and other sales activities and carry out updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Participate in preparing the sales action plans, attending sales meetings, developing new ideas
- Take part in sales training programs, trade fairs/shows, sales blitzes and fam trips assigned by the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Keep themselves updated with the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the Hotel and the other chain hotels.
- Keep department superiors informed of all changes in the customer profile.
- Prepare reports of each sales calls covering information about the company, their comments, requirements, complaints, of their customers etc.
- Cover assigned accounts in a designated Segment or geographic area and visit them at least twice annually.
- On weekly basis, prepare an activity report which will cover sales call reports, site inspections, fam trips, new agencies, meetings, entertainment, and other functions they participated in during the week and presents to Sales Director.
- Accomplish any additional work assigned by the Department head or Division head in the time frame required.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Accra close to National Theater