Commercial Manager ( Logistics Industry)
Sales Manager Information
We are currently seeking an ambitious and highly-skilled sales and marketing manager with a track record of exceptional, transformative management practices. In this role, you will increase productivity, inspire and motivate junior employees, and optimize our company’s market share. You will have tremendous opportunities to develop innovative policies and campaigns that shape the future of our organization. Candidates for this role will be creative, charismatic, knowledgeable, and exceptionally well-versed in the latest sales and marketing techniques as well as tried-and-true practices. Accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans; managing staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
Financial Planning and Strategy, Marketing Concepts, Positioning, People Management, Territory Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Client Relationships, Creative Services
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying/analyzing trends, consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Contribute marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Implementing customer-service standards
- Resolve problems
- Develop and implement field sales action plans.
- Coordinating new product development.
- Analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Day to day management of the sales team ensuring they are on track for achieving KPI’s.
- Setting sales and marketing KPI’s to manage activity within the team.
- Working with commercial team on approaches to building business, including cold calls.
- Training the commerical team on sales techniques and giving advice.
- Ensuring the commercial team update the CRM effectively with all appropriate data.
- Performance managing underperforming members of the commercial team.
- Overseeing all marketing activity and ensuring it fits with the marketing strategy.
- Sending marketing emails to customers via the CRM.
- Managing the company’s social media accounts and posting relevant content.
- Making sure the company is Search Engine Optimised to maximise inbound sales opportunities.
- Arranging for the company to attend relevant industry events and conferences.
- Own ultimate responsibility for successfully meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- All round sales and marketing experience gained from a similar sized organisation.
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills to inspire performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in management in a corporate setting
- Aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Able to be persuasive and procure buy-in from upper management
- Solid computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity