Front Office Manager For A 3 Star Hotel
Sales Manager Information
5 - 10 Years
Higher National Diploma
Good written and oral communication skills Excellent negotiation skills Must be customer-oriented Must be able to meet deadlines Must be a good problem –solver
- Draw up the schedule for front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance of each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- To be responsible for managing a set client portfolio including for all aspects of account management:
- Ensuring repeat business and developing new business for rooms, conferencing & events and Food & Beverage and rate negotiation
- Maintaining client profiles credit, payment and managing complaints.
- Maintain full potential analysis and strategic plan of all relevant accounts
- Achieve all sales activity targets as agreed in the sales action plan
- Attend sales trips, exhibitions and functions representing the hotel
- Ensure timely and professional follow up with all assigned clients for all administrative requirements
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift manager and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Upholds the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor high balance guests and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P’s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required parts of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Auditor.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.