Retail Sales Manager
Sales Manager Information
5 - 10 Years
- Sales Performance: Working with the Sales Agents and team leaders to maximize daily sales productivity through continuous monitoring and evaluation to meet daily, weekly and monthly sales targets.
- Recruitment & Retention: Lead the process of recruitment with support from the local HR teams to identify and secure the best possible new hires whilst optimizing Agent retention through training, sales promos and incentives schemes and community utilizing the Culture Index tools.
- Data Analysis: Drive insights into Retail Sales performance through data analysis, implement improvements and monitor progress with reports to the Agent teams and senior management.
- Continuous Improvement: Enhance all aspects of Retail Sales performance by implementing new technology to maximize the efficiency of the Retail Sales channel. Keen to push internal teams for automation of processes as much as possible to drive efficiencies and earn more against each unit of money spent on the channel.
- Customer Satisfaction: Understand the needs of channel partner customers to ensure the highest levels of sales quality to their clients, keep customers complaints at absolute minimum level such as under 0.5% of total sales and managing and resolving complaints if they arise
- Maximizing Channel Profitability: Understanding and owning the channel P&L and setting up right product mix to drive revenue as well as profitability
- Build a Strong & High Performing Team
- Identify the skills and attributes required for each role within the Retail Sales team using the company’s culture Index tools.
- Continuously assess the performance of each team member, identifying and driving improvement to the highest standards.
- Work collaboratively with Team Leaders and Sales Agents to deliver training, improve skill sets, deliver training and motivate the teams to succeed.
- Engaging with the local HR team, identify and recruit the best people, increase retention rates and manage out underperforming agents.
- Deliver Sales Targets
- Manage the Retail Sales teams on a daily basis to optimize sales performance and exceed weekly, monthly and quarterly sales targets.
- Identify gaps to sales targets if they arise and initiate recovery plans to address shortfalls.
- Feedback progress on sales performance via regular reporting, dashboards, using critical thinking, data points and insights to identify and resolve challenges faced.
- Customer Insight & Satisfaction
- Develop a deep understanding of the channel partner objectives, their customer base and the optimal sales approach to each client.
- Enhance scripts and pitches for sales methods and messaging with opening problem-led sales techniques, objection handling, and closing.
- Establish processes for customer complaints to ensure these are handled and resolved quickly, identifying solutions to reduce or eliminate future complaints.
- Work with management and global teams to identify technology solutions to drive efficiency of operations and sales growth.
- Implement technology solutions into the Retail Sales Channel that will include the use of artificial intelligence
Qualification and Experience
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
- 7+ years experience in Retail & B2C sales.
- Evidence of managing 100+ agents in an outbound call center or field force of an insurance company, bank or pharmaceutical company.
- Evidence of exceeding sales targets and delivering substantial sales growth.
- Evidence of working with and presenting to middle management & C-Teams.
- Evidence of delivering tangible improvements through data analytic insights.
- Evidence of recruiting & interviewing for new hires.
- Evidence of performance management and training.
- Evidence of implementing technology/digital solutions that maximize efficiency & drive sales growth.
- Evidence of the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to the company’s model, mission, vision and values
- Strong knowledge of and experience with call center solutions, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including using these tools to present materials orally and in written form.
- Fluency in spoken and written English will be essential