Sales Engineer/ Representative
Sales Representative Information
A leading multi-brand company in Tema that distributes machinery, equipment and their parts in West Africa is looking for a Sales Engineer/ Representative who will sell and promote the company's goods to existing and new clients, as well as establish and maintain relationships with them by means of calling and visiting. The rep would report directly to the Sales Manager, and also to internal (Finance Dept, Aftersales Dept, Sales Administrator) and external (Clients, Government authorities, & Competitors) bodies.
Scope of Accountability
- To effectively promote sales of the company's industrial equipment and machinery.
- Plan and implement customer call program to cover the entire company's industrial equipment and machinery. Product range such as Doosan Forklift, Telehandlers, scissor lift, and skid steers.
- Consistently maintaining the existing client database within the company’s core values.
- Coordinate with After Market, & Rental teams to achieve business objectives.
- Be abreast with our product portfolio.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting the customers and giving product presentations.
- Negotiating and convincing the customers to buy the products.
- Making cold calls to find the prospective customers and recommending standard products to the customers.
- Also, performing the job of selling maintenance and repair services to the prospective clients.
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales goals by developing action plans and schedules to identify specific sales prospects, targets, and/or markets and to project number of contacts to be made.
- Actively use territory management tools to prospect, source and maintain quality customers in assigned area.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and keeping records of customer follow ups.
- Actively engage in collecting the receivables.
- Gathering intelligence data from competition and forwarding to the sales manager so that effective strategies can be decided upon.
- Respond promptly and effectively to customer inquiries.
- Study customer needs and coordinate customer service.
- Prepare for and attend exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
- Maintain a professional image always through personal actions and initiatives.
- Enhance the company’s reputation and brand image by consistently working to implement the Company’s core values.
- Update job knowledge for both products and sales/marketing strategies and skills by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; networking; and participating in professional organizations.
- Prepare reports as assigned relative to activity, lost orders, closings, follow-up, and performance against budget.