Sales Representative Information
Job function: Sales Representatives is the principal point of contact between the business and its customers. Sales reps must ensure current customers have the right products and services, identify new markets and customer leads, and pitch prospective customers.
- Serves customers by selling products and meeting customer needs.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENT
- HND in Business Administration or Marketing.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a sales.
- Having a valid driver license is an added advantage.
- Must have communication, negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Must be a self-starter and driven.
- Must be flexible and adapt to new environment and situations quickly.