Sales Representative Information
Responsible for selling goods or services at a business. Checks out customers, scans items, answers questions, handles warranty information, and provides a receipt.
- Check out items for customers.
- Sell goods and services.
- Provide information for customers who have problems or questions.
- Take money in the form of cash, credit card, or check.
- Validate checks.
- Issue receipts, refunds, and credits.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Resolve amount discrepancies.
- Bag items carefully.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Prepare merchandise for display.
- Keep records of transactions.
- Answer telephones and queries over the phone.
- Set up cash drawers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in sales, retail, or related field.
- Strict adherence to company philosophy, mission statement, and sales goals.
- Extensive knowledge of the brand and product preferred; eagerness to learn a plus.