General Manager - Security Company
Security Administration Jobs Information
Responsibility for all aspects of business operations includes overseeing day-to-day operations to ensure success of the security company by maintaining financial budgets, ensuring adherence of policies and procedures, mentoring staff, and working with customers to ensure a high quality of
service. The qualified candidate will report directly to the GROUP GENERAL
Main Responsibilities Health and Safety
To ensure this core value is built into all activities and be the regional champion for inspections, monitoring, reporting and chairing meetings.
Finance and Budgets
- Involved in setting department budget and monitoring expenditure in line with budget provisions.
- Recommend purchases in line with budget and report on variances.
- Adhere to authorized guidelines on expenditure and follow periodical instructions
- Ensure all work done is invoiced
- Ensure all new business is recorded for invoicing purposes
- Debt collection
- Fuel receipt and usage
- Uniform receipt and issues
- Labour in line with approved levels
- Cost effective usage of all operational resources
- Set performance targets for Managers
- Ensure operational performance in line and also exceeding set KPIs
- Monitoring service delivery levels and taking steps to keep a high standard
- Branch inspections and ensuring minimum/required standards are adhered to
Customer meetings scheduled/ unscheduled
- To continuously assess security risks confronting customers and develop and implement measures to mitigate.
- To manage customer expectations and deal conclusively with complaints
- Ensure SOPs are reviewed as and when required to be kept in line with prevailing agreed operating standards.
- Involved in business resilience and continuity plans formulation, testing and updating.
- Manage employee’s compliance with company policies
- Induction of all new employees in operations
- Analyze and recommend training for operations staff
- Use appropriate coaching techniques to help staff learn and develop
- Implement and manage best practice
- Ensure all shift reports are recorded and reported in prescribed format and distributed. Ensure all incidents are recorded and reported timeously.
- To use standard systems and spread sheets to provide management information on the performance of the department and continuously update systems and maintain reporting formats according to Company guidelines as may be issued from time to time.
- To investigate and report all serious incidents
- To investigate noncompliance with health and safety.
- Intelligence gathering to prevent losses
- To ensure close liaison with sales team
- To get involved in marketing for new business
- Strategies for customer retention
To maintain a healthy working relationship with Directors, all departmental heads and employees,
- To remain open to provide information and carry out any tasks as may be required by Directors from time to time.