Security Officer Information
5 - 10 Years
Higher National Diploma
Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skill Must have a Diploma/Degree from any recognized Institution of Higher learning Must be able to read and write in the English Language, and must be young and energetic, You will have two(2) references/Guarantors , You will have minimum of five(5) years’ work experience
- Ensures all the officers/guards have reported to work and are assigned duties.
- Organizes the work schedule, including the officers' rotations and breaks.
- Inspects the team to ensure they are wearing their uniforms properly and have all of their equipment at the shift start.
- He briefs the security team at the beginning of a new shift to update them on developments since the last shift and shares information about any security concerns.
- Documents all the daily occurrences within the security department. This includes recording all the people who visited the property, with the time they came in and when they left.
- Receives verbal and written reports from subordinates and takes any follow up actions that are needed. Uses this information to compile comprehensive security reports for management.
- Supervisor is to protect the property and people in conducting routine patrols with his team, looking out for suspicious persons, fires, vandalism or hazards, ensures that all the doors and windows are locked to prevent any unlawful entry and responds to any distress calls and alarms. Ensure all the security systems, such as the CCTV and burglar alarms, are working properly and reports any breakdowns of the security systems to management.
- The supervisor investigates any suspicious activities that take place, reports unlawful activities such as theft or vandalism to law enforcement officers for further action, any trespassers or criminals during routine patrols, are detained and the police are called in.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining necessary authorization signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.